Saturday, July 3, 2010

Why Am I Here?

I suck at blogging. Seriously I've tried it three times in the past and all are now defunct. I can't even really use twitter properly. The reason for this is clear and there's two reasons for it. First I lead a fairly uneventful life, events of note tend to be few and far between and frankly I rather like it that way. Secondly I'm not so high on myself that I believe that my idle thoughts are worth sharing. So there you have, don't have much to talk about in terms of events and I prefer to keep my mundane thoughts in my head (or between myself and my wife.) So why the heck am I doing another blog? For the worst reason of all: because it's there.

I created an account on here so that I could comment on a few blogs that I followed and have an image and user name get attached to those comments. Of course that means that I had all the means of doing my own blog just sitting here going to waste. So here we are. This was going to be a statement of purpose post but honestly there isn't really a good purpose for this thing to even exist. I have no idea what I will write here and how often I'll feel compelled to write it. In my head it was going to be about the trials and tribulations of a big city drag queen being transplanted to the countryside... but I doubt I'll ever be that consistant about it.

All the same I think I've decided on my biggest enemy (next to love handles) that's now emerged thanks to country living: the farmer's tan. Just in case anybody doesn't know it's when your arms get tan from the bicep down but your upper arm and torso stay pale. It's the tan you get from being outside in a t-shirt too much, I now have it from working in the garden (stupid f*%#ing weeds.) I'll be doing my first performance since leaving New York later this month at VT Pride and the last thing I need is a farmer's tan.

How to get rid of it is a bit of a quandry. The obvious solution is nude (or near nude but that's not as much fun) tanning but there's two problems there. I refuse to get into a tanning bed, they just freak the hell out of me. Anything that gives me a tan and isn't the sun is wrong. So that leaves the real thing and while I now do have a yard and a lawn it's not private and there's no fence up to shield the eyes of the neighbors. I may have to get really sneaky about it and lay in the sun as on the floor as it comes through the windows... which of course means I'll have to keep moving. Regardless it's no doubt going to be a big pain in my ghost white ass.

I think I'll end on that thought for the time being. Just to add a little flair to this thing I'll finish off with a picture where I frankly look DAMN fine.

Photo by Sasha Renee

2 comments:

  1. I think your blog looks great! You have some really great pictures and your posts are very insightful. I hope you continue on your adventure with blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly, it really helps to know that people are actually reading this thing.

    ReplyDelete