Friday, September 3, 2010

The Joys of Googling Yourself

It's amazing the things you find when you randomly google yourself. My treat tonight was to come across a little 14 minute documentary about burlesque that I gave an interview for way back in November. I hadn't completely forgotten about it but I sort of gave up ever getting to see it as I had lost touch with the film students who did it. But then a random google search of "Vera Wylde" (because I was bored... and yes I'm a little conceited) turned up a video I hadn't seen before. And surprise! It came out pretty well altogether and I'd like to share it with all of you. Listen to me wax intellectual about taking my clothes off on stage!

For the impatient types I show up at the 7:15 mark. Also as fair warning I'm not in full drag for a good chunk of this so if seeing me in semi-boy mode ruins the illusion for you then maybe you should just move along. Also see my good friend Bianca Dagga performing at 6:10 (I'm always so proud of her!) Oh and stick around for a little outtake moment at the very end!


Dancing Burlesque from Joseph Turner on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment