Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Care to share some champagne with me to ring in the New Year?

Well 2010 was a bit of a roller coaster it has to be said. I lost my job (twice) and left New York. Laura and I have now have relocated to the part of the country we plan to remain in but haven't really completely settled in yet. We have a house but only after jumping through more twisted hoops than we even knew existed. We've started making new friends but are still finding our footing as far as having a social life goes. However for all the annoyances we suffered through at the end of it all it's been a pretty possitive year. And hopefully it's laid the foundation of a prosperous 2011.

Generally I don't do resolutions (not formally anyways) but there are a few things I hope to achieve or change in the coming year. For starters I have GOT to get a work out routine and stick to it. I refuse to be forced to loosen by corset anymore than it already it. Secondly I want to try to find some more opportunities to perform or at least go out in dress. Since leaving New York I've done a few shoots but only performed twice (once at VT Pride and once on a return visit to Brooklyn.) I know that performance opportunities up here are few and far between, and I'll probably have to commute a ways for them. However I just don't want to feel like this part of my life ended because I moved. I hope to get over to Burlington for a Drag Ball in February and I might try to advertise my services as a performer for private events like birthdays or bachelorette parties. I haven't done private parties in a long time but they can be fun (they can also be nightmares but what can you do?) If I'm not able to get out more I suspect I'll probably just end up doing more home shoots as a way to vent (that's not a resolution, just a general statement.) Well anyways I hope everybody had a great New Year's Eve and Day. May 2011 bring you wonderful things!

Now who wants to pop the cork?

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year
    I just found your blog. It is an enjoyable and interesting read.
    I always like to read people who approach who they are and how the live their lives in an honest fashion.
    I must also add that I really like your regular use of the word 'dresser'. That is pretty much how I like to see myself.
    I am just an older happily married guy with a house, family, job, regular guy life who just happens to really like dressing. I do not feel 'cross' when I dress. To the contrary, dressing makes me happy. Likewise I do not feel 'trans' when I dress. I am the same person regardless of my attire. I do not find that my clothes change the core being.
    I do hope to check in with you from time to time.
    Good luck and enjoy those nice Vt. winters.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, thanks for your kinds words. I'm glad you enjoy what I write and I hope you'll comment in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete