Friday, May 13, 2011

Arrrrrrgh Matey!


It's been quite a while since I did art modeling. I actually haven't done it since I posed for Betty Spaghetti's School of Art and Debauchery and that was long enough ago that I'm having a hard time remembering what year it was. So getting to pose at the White River Junction, VT branch of Dr. Sketchy's was a wonderful night for me. The theme was "Pirates of the Connecticut" inspired by the upcoming release of the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" film.


I got to pose with a gentleman by the name of Ben Tolosa who was all done up like the one and only Captain Jack Sparrow. I wasn't meant to be anybody in particular but that gave me a little more freedom in my costume. It's almost embarassing that I happened to have the bandana, cutlass and replica vintage pistol just laying around the house. I'm a geek, what else can I say?


All of these are by the same artist, Barb Stender. I'm hoping to get to see some of the other sketches done that night and there will be pictures later. Those may not go up here but you can keep an eye on my flickr page. I want to thank Miss Phoebe for hosting a great night. I hope to get to go back and do it again. If I was a bit closer I'd probably be going even on the nights I wasn't posing. If anybody is in the area or even in a comutable distance I recommend checking it out on future nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment