Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meet My Daughter


Yes it's true, my wife and I are having a baby. It's something we've been trying to make work for a while so we're extremely excited. We found out the gender on Sunday. There's a decent chance that this may be one of the only times I put up photos of her in this blog. I try to keep my daily life and drag life fairly seperate, it just makes things easier for me that way. I have no intention of hiding this side of myself from my child. However until she's old enough to say to me "I don't mind if you talk about me in your drag blog" then I would consider it a violation of her privacy to do so. Sure I've put up pictures of myself and my wife here, but she's given me permission to do so, a baby can't do that.

However I still wanted to share this bit of excitement with everybody. I may bring up any ins and outs of being a dresser with a child as I see fit, we're still figuring out how to handle the whole notion. As I said it's not something I'd want to hide from her because I don't feel it's something to be ashamed of and she shouldn't think that either. But as with so many things, it's not her I'm worried about, it's everybody else. How do you explain to a child that it's perfectly ok that daddy plays dress up likea girl but that it's better that she not tell her friends? Well I don't have the answer to that, so we'll have to figure it out as we go along.

Oh and while I'm not ready to share the name we've chosen here... I will say this: it means "great queen." Go figure right?

1 comment:

  1. congratulations. all the best to you and your family.
    -Uncle Syd's photo friend Donna

    ReplyDelete