Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Born This Way?

I know that "born this way" has become a bit of a buzz term for those of us who are a bit... unusual in the gender or sexuality department. We can thank the blog of the same name and Lady Gaga for that. I honestly don't know how I feel about the notion overall, because on a personal level I don't like that idea that I have no say in what kind of person I am. That said I do believe that sexuality is not a choice, and I can't deny that the desire for me to dress does seem to be ingrained in me to some degree. With that in mind I thought I'd share these images with you.

I was probably four or five when these pictures were taken. At the time our neighbors had young girls who were slightly older than me, so thanks to them for providing the hat, tank top and tutu. I don't have particularly clear memories of this, but I do remember playing with the girls and dressing up in general. It's just the tutu doesn't ring an immediate bell.

I guess I have to admit that even if I wasn't born this way I sure as hell got off to an early start.

2 comments: