Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Branching Out (see you in Montreal!)



So, I finally stopped just thinking "I should get around to that" in terms of applying to burlesque festivals and started actually doing it. As a result I'll have the great honor of getting to perform at the Montreal Burlesque Festival in October this year. I had a true, down to my core, shortness of breath, "ohmygodohmygodohmygod" moment when my acceptance came through. Years of rejections on my writing projects had tempered my expectations and I was legitimately not prepared to receive this good news. Now comes all the logistics like renewing my passport, figuring out if anyone else I know is going and if we can split a room, and all that other fun stuff. These are chores I'm more than happy to take on!

No comments:

Post a Comment